Tuesday 17 August 2010

Cakelicious Cake

It was my boyfriend Jo's 24th Birthday yesterday, and I made him this cake...




It was really tasty even if I do say so myself! I put fresh cream and jam in the middle, the whiskers are made from mikado and the ears are chocolate orange pieces cut into triangles! 

I really wanted to buy him something handmade this year, I spent hours browsing the web and finally decided on this really cool hand printed t-shirt from Slow Loris



I choose the recording studio design as he has his own home studio and he's a really talented musician.

With his birthday money he has bought us both tickets to watch Liverpool play at Anfield in two weeks time. He's a big Liverpool fan but never gets to watch them play as we don't have Sky TV, and I've never been to a football match before, so hopefully it should be loads of fun and a memorable day out for both of us!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cake, was it nice and yummy?
    I've never been to a footy match either, except my son's under 12 matches! Hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Is was delicious, I don't do much baking so I was quite surprised how well it turned out. We've nearly eaten the whole thing already!

    ReplyDelete