Monday 16 December 2013

Laser Cut Brooches

I have some really exciting new designs to share with you. A few weeks ago I commissioned Kris from Shore Cottage Studio to produce my felt fox design as a laser cut brooch. 

Yesterday I traveled up to the Wirral to collect my first batch of the finished brooches and visit the studio. 

Here they are, in a choice of three different colours:





















The design process started with a pencil sketch which I scanned and traced in Adobe Illustrator (very badly) and sent to Kris. Having never really used Illustrator before some of my lines didn't match up perfectly, which is very important when laser cutting so Kris worked with me to help turn my sketch into something that worked with the laser cutting software.


I'm really pleased with how they've turned out, Kris has done a fantastic job. If you're thinking of getting something laser cut I can definitely recommend commissioning him.

Check them out in my shop HERE -  They're available individually and as a set of 3 brooches.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea, your brooches are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good thinking, great. awesome!!. You can also refer to us laser cutting job work see this for more information.

    ReplyDelete