Friday 15 June 2012

Up North

Hello again, sorry for the blog silence of late (I hope there are still some readers left out there!) It's been a very busy past few months here.

For a while now me and Jo have both been a bit fed up of our day jobs and felt like we were stuck at a bit of a dead end in Surrey. So we started applying for new jobs and went through months of applications and interviews, until finally when we were starting to feel like nothing was going our way Jo was offered a job he interviewed for back in February, at Burnley football club or rather UCFB (a University for football business that's been set up inside the football stadium.)

So just like that, we moved from one end of the country to the other. It's a big change and a lot to get used to but the best bit is that property prices are much cheaper up here so we're now renting a house rather than a tiny flat. Which means for the first time ever I have my very own craft room.

It's looking a bit empty at the moment but it has much needed desk space for cutting felt and packing orders. I can't wait to fill up my pinboard with lots of prints and magazine clippings. 
The Ikea Expedit shelves are perfect for hiding boxes of felt in.

I'm still doing my old job but working part time from home until I get something more permanent, but in the meantime that means I can also work part time on Minifelts, which is something I'm very excited about. I have to admit it's been hard enough keeping up with orders whilst working full time, let alone thinking about how I want to progress things so hopefully this should give me the time I need to develop some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment