Thursday 29 November 2012

The Knitting & Stitching Show

On Saturday we traveled up to Harrogate to visit The Knitting and Stitching Show. We'd been a few years ago and I was intrigued to see how the show had changed, and with sewing becoming ever trendier if the show had started to attract a younger audience. (This didn't really seem to be the case!)

It was absolutely packed with people and aisles and aisles of stalls, mainly selling craft supplies and DIY kits. I have to admit I'd have liked to have seen a few more stands with peoples own creations for sale, but the exhibition part of the show was fantastic and really inspiring, there was a really good mix of different styles. I took a few hurried photos (I had to shoot quickly to avoid getting swept up in the crowds of people!)
I loved the sad rabbit.
There was a miniature knitted village with an amazing level of detail. 


I would definitely recommend paying the show a visit when it returns next year as it's a fun day out. I had a long look at sewing machines whilst I was there and it was a good chance to watch some live demonstrations. I definitely think I could do with one, I just need to persevere and get past the learning curve! I managed to resist the urge to buy one at the show (despite the sales pitch) but I did buy a couple of bunting kits by Tania Sneesby with lovely polar bear fabric and an angle poise lamp to help my poor ruined eyes! 

What was the last craft show you went to, would you recommend a visit?

1 comment: