Thursday 16 August 2012

Shipping Prices

Image found HERE

Just a quick update to let you know that I've been making some changes to my postage prices. A few months ago Royal Mail increased their prices, so I've had to have a bit of a re-think about my current rates.

I've tried to look creatively at how I can still offer cheap postage to my customers, as I know that one of the most off putting things about buying online can be the added postage costs that sneak up at the end of an order...

Well the good news is that I'm actually reducing my UK postage prices. 

I am now offering First Class postage on smaller items like brooches, keyrings and phone cases and Second Class Recorded postage on more expensive items like iPad cases and Kindle cases as my standard shipping rates. (Of course customers are welcome to upgrade to a different service).

I've managed to make savings by ordering envelopes in bulk to reduce my packaging prices and I've tried to fit everything into large letters rather than packets. I'm offering Second Class Recorded as the standard option on expensive stuff that needs tracking, as it's the service we use in my day job (I work for an online retailer) and we've found it only takes on average an extra day compared to First Class. 

Unfortunately International delivery rates have had to increase slightly (only by a few pence) I've tried to keep them as low as possible still. 

I've also been ordering some new packaging materials, so they'll be a new look to my packaging coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment